You can enrol at any time in your career, but you must meet one of the RICS eligibility requirements before applying for assessment:
- 1 year of relevant experience and a relevant bachelor’s degree*
- 2 years of relevant experience and a relevant higher/advanced/foundation qualification*
- 4 years of relevant experience (no qualifications required).
You will need to submit a written summary of your professional experience, a case study, and a record of your continuing professional development (CPD), as well as completing an online ethics course. Depending on your experience, it takes between 6-12 months to complete the assessment process.
Online ethics training
All candidates must complete and pass the RICS online ethics course. If you initially fail this course, you can retake it.
- Summary of experience: a total of 3,000 words showing your experience related to aspects of your chosen sector pathway.
- Case study: 2,500 words on a recent project that shows your technical abilities. The project should not be older than 24 months.
- CPD record: 48 hours of training undertaken during the last 12 months.
Submission for assessment
Once you have passed the ethics training, your counsellor will confirm when you are ready for your written submissions to be sent to us for assessment.
For further information about the AssocRICS entry route please click HERE to contact a member of the relevant team.