You are committed to the smooth operation of the housing market by specialising in one or more of the following services: sale, purchase or lettings, residential development, planning, investment or lending, property management, surveys, or valuation. You may specialise further based on your employer and client-base, where your focus may be on single private dwellings, residential blocks, social housing or large community developments.
To become a Chartered Member on the Residential pathway, you will be assessed against four out of 12 Core Competencies and four of the Optional Competencies.
Core Competencies: two to Level 3 and two to Level 2
- Building pathology.
- Housing maintenance, repairs and improvements.
- Housing management and policy.
- Housing strategy and provision.
- Inspection (mandatory to at least Level 2).
- Leasing and letting.
- Legal/regulatory compliance.
- Market appraisal.
- Measurement (mandatory to at least Level 2).
- Property management.
- Purchase and sale.
- Valuation (mandatory to at least Level 2).
Optional Competencies: two to Level 3 and one to Level 2
- Capital taxation
- Compulsory purchase and compensation
- Conflict avoidance, management and dispute resolution procedures or Sustainability
- Data management
- Development appraisals
- Environmental assessments
- Indirect investment vehicles
- Investment management (including fund and portfolio management)
- Land use and diversification
- Landlord and tenant
- Loan security valuation
- Local taxation/assessments
- Maintenance management
- Planning and development management
- Property management
- Purchase and sale
- Risk management
- Spatial planning policy and infrastructure
- Strategic real estate consultancy
- Supplier management
Plus one to Level 2 from either the Core Competencies or Optional Competencies.
For further advice on the Residential pathway please register your details here and one of the Residential team will be in touch